Residents and business owners in Shea Heights are advised of significant infrastructure improvements to Linegar Avenue with construction taking place until mid-November.
Construction hours are from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m (except Sundays). Detours will be in place for the duration of the project. The contractor will maintain one lane for local traffic and emergency vehicles only in the construction zone. Flagpersons will be on site during work hours with ‘Yield to oncoming traffic’ signs in place after hours. There may be short periods when a road closure will be required for safety reasons.
Scope of the work includes:
– Installation of new storm sewer and catch basins
– Replacement of existing storm outlet/headwall near 6 Linegar Avenue
– New sidewalks, curb and gutter (both sides) from Learning Road to 63 Linegar Avenue
– New asphalt from 25 to 63 Linegar Avenue
– Re-alignment of Warford Road and Linegar Avenue intersection
City Policy will require assessments to be completed as a result of the work.